I thought this was safe to eat, but look what happened


002003

 

Have you ever tried the above soft Nougat, without looking at the ingredients and thinking it was safe to have because another one of their products was and you had no reaction at all.

I tried a single piece last evening and it resulted in the above reaction, it was rather quite nasty, but I now know that I must drink plenty of fluid so that the reaction will dissipate.  However, this morning I found to my horror that my hand where the reaction was most noticeable was now numb, this soon disappeared.

Why it is manufacturers now have labelling in place for those with allergies, but the ingredients lists are so small sometimes you forget to look, thinking they will be all right.

Food labelling is another topic entirely and I hope to write about it in the next couple of weeks and when time allows.

Advertisements