This is my Dairy free Christmas cake, with a difference, as you can see it is a lot lighter than the usual Christmas cakes that you see around. The cake itself is a sponge mixture, but to give it a Christmas feel, the fruit mix contains cranberries and apricots, instead of your usual, raisins and sultana’s.
The cake itself is light and airy, and although it hasn’t been steeped with brandy or rum, it actually doesn’t need it as the cake itself will last long enough to see in the New Year and beyond.
As you can see the cake has been covered with marzipan and icing. In 2014 I may endeavour to make my own, as it seems easy to make. And perhaps another more interesting and exciting cake
- Classic Christmas Fruit and Nut Cake (urbanfoodlover.wordpress.com)
- Our little Christmas cake tradition (parchmentandpickles.wordpress.com)
- Get Into the Holiday Spirit With These Delightful Vegan Christmas Cakes (onegreenplanet.org)
- 131226 Ryeowook, Eunhyuk’s surprising cake gifts.. Infinitely ‘Touched’ (sup3rjunior.com)
- Frosty the Snowman and Red Robin Christmas Cake (juliesfamilykitchen.wordpress.com)
- My mother’s Christmas cakes. (davidduffcomedy.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Boiled Fruit Cake from Aunty Angie (theblunderousbaker.wordpress.com)
- Let them eat cake… (talltalesfromchiconia.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Fruitcake Cookies (lesnaramore.wordpress.com)
- Woodlands Foundation rum, apricot-brandy cake sale marks 10th year (triblive.com)