Hello everyone, when deciding whether to bake during a cold and miserable afternoon. You could be mistaken for thinking that winter is just round the corner as the days are getting shorter and the weather isn’t at it’s warmest, what better way to get rid of those winter blues, than go into the kitchen and bake something, whether it be a cake, biscuits for the forthcoming festive season, or marshmallows knowing that you made them and what an achievement.
There is something very satisfying knowing that the delicious smells coming from the kitchen are a creation that was baked by yourself and knowing that there isn’t another cake with the flavours that it has within it.
My latest cake creation will be apricot and hazelnut, and possibly some lemon and cherry scones.
- Biscuits inside cakes – chocolate digestives (wobbleajelly.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Coconut Cake, Coconut Lemon Cake (potterybarnkids.com)
- Pumpkin Pie Marshmallow Recipe by Jenny @ Bake (thedailyquirk.com)
- Summer, Winter, Autumn, Spring (seasonsinspace.wordpress.com)
- NWS: ‘Significant winter weather’ just around the corner (abqjournal.com)
- Britain set to freeze in ‘Arctic plunge’ as peaceful autumn finally gives way to freezing cold winter weather (shanemark71.wordpress.com)
- Double Chocolate and Marshmallow Cookies (cheapfeasts.wordpress.com)