Well what can I say, earlier this afternoon I made some delicious and yet yummy lemon flavoured coconut ice, using Royal icing sugar, dairy free cream as an alternative to condensed milk , coconut, any sort will do. Plus a flavouring of a real lemon, juice and zest, only real fruit will do for me, as I find Jif lemon juice makes me have an allergic reaction. Which for me who enjoys making the above isn’t good at all. Plus it isn’t as sweet as the shop bought variety, but you have the satisfaction of making it yourself knowing there isn’t anything that may cause any sort of reaction.
Just a quick update, I have recently made some lime coconut ice and also cherry, neither of which have I seen in the local shops, but are as delicious and tasty as the lemon coconut ice
- Lemon Coconut Cake, Coconut Lemon Cake (potterybarnkids.com)
- In the kitchen: Lemon curd and coconut slice (makedohome.wordpress.com)
- Early Christmas Recipes – Part 2 (peterhthomas.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Simple Baklava (foodwithoz.wordpress.com)
- Coconut ice (kims-cupcakes.com)